Monday, December 12, 2011

Fitness Challenge

So, a very close friend of mine had a BRILLIANT idea that we should do 96 days of Fitness. Those that chose to participate created there own fitness goals. I decided that I want to lose 40lbs. To obtain this reasonable goal in 96 days, I decided to make healthier decisions in my everyday life. For example: taking the stairs vs. taking the elevator, drinking water vs. soft drinks, or picking up the pace when running errands around the lab.

Today was my first day of my 96 days of Fitness Challenge. The day got off to a slow start. I ran a little late for work. I ended up parking on the roof of the parking garage. In my mind, I'm optimistically thinking perfect I get to start my day off by running down the stairs. Awesome, I can do this! The other great thing for me is that I work with Dr. Speedy Gonzalez. Fortunately for me, I've been collaborating with her for a week and I'm use to her fast pace working routine. The day is going great! I ran down the stairs, it took me 5 minutes to get to the lab versus 10 minutes and I'm keeping up with Speedy. The day is coming to an end and its time to head to the car. Well, I walk to the garage and head up the stairs. Here I go... 2nd Floor, I can feel the burn, 3rd floor Whoa! what a workout, 4th floor Oh Em Gee!! You have got to be kidding me. 5th Floor, Where the hell is that Roof Top. 6th Floor my legs are killing me and I am out of breath...Roof Top, THANK YOU GOD!!! By this time, I am out of breath, breathing hard and looking a bit disheveled. As I step onto the roof top, there is a woman walking out of the elevator. I quickly stop breathing, walk upright, hold my tummy in and begin to walk briskly as if it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  After I get further enough out of her sight, I begin my heavy breathing again and hunch over...To my surprise another woman doing GOD KNOWS WHAT in her vehicle I'm quickly approaching. As I approach her, I stop breathing, walk upright, and walk briskly and think to myself its a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I thought I was going to pass out! On top of it all I cant find my DAYUM car. What a first day of my 96 days of Fitness Challenge!!!

So, I guess I have to come up with an Epiphany since my title is Pretty P's Epiphany... so lets see

Epiphany: Perseverance is the key :-). I will continue to park on the roof top and not let the stairs beat me!!! Yay for me thinking optimistically!!! Lets see how long this last...

Pretty P.

No comments:

Post a Comment